Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Donate
Donate

Pickletrouts Mod App

5 posters

:: ModApp

Go down

Pickletrouts Mod App Empty Pickletrouts Mod App

Post  pickle Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:37 am

Day one of server transition to server 3:
I log on and am overcome with worry, and sure enough, my fears were confirmed. Screams everywhere "I CANT GET TO MY HOUSE AHHHH!!!" Headache = achieved.
It is now night time, and I am finally at my house which I could not teleport to. After my long trek, i am suffering from the disease called supreme boredom. I set my home, teleport to spawn, and play around at the Halloween Party. Still suffering, I grab a stone sword and confront the new players in duels. Normally, i am able to make a large profit off of about 3 stone swords, but today was clearly not my day. I felt good, but I kept dying, so I wondered what was wrong. Then I realized it wasn't I who was making the mistakes. It was my enemies.
First, I was confronted by a speed hacker. Complaining about lag at all times, he rushes out of spawn covering 10 blocks in the time it would take to sprint through 1, and slamming me with his bare fist to knock me into lava. Then, I started a match with a reach hacker. He had time to kill four creepers and hold me off without taking any damage, with his bare fists shooting out 7 blocks each. Now, on the brink of screaming, I wonder why I am yet to become a Mod.

My ingame name is Pickletrout. I am twenty one, and live on the East Coast. I am smart, pretty sexy I would say, and have a love for all things fun. This is why i was attracted to this server. I have now officially been playing on this magnificent server for over 6 weeks, and I have made friends with many players and all of the mods.... or maybe not prego, but anyway, I am a perfectionist, and when given such raw talent as this server brings in all of its manifest, It breaks my heart to see these cruel, disgusting frauds hacking to become ahead of all others. With experience with tons of commands, a great talent for combat, and a will to keep a balanced mind during all situations, I personally believe i would make a great moderator.

pickle
HeroicDemiGod
HeroicDemiGod

Back to top Go down

Pickletrouts Mod App Empty Re: Pickletrouts Mod App

Post  pickle Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:50 am

I deeply apologize for that abrupt ending, my daughter required the computer I was using at the time. Anyway, I am on constantly on weekends and in my timezone can get on after 4:00 on all weekdays. I realize that with the new addition to the team, Mattam (congrats bud!) that there are no slots left, so I would just like for you to consider the following:

With 6 mods who all do their jobs very well, there are still mornings where hackers run rampant. Is there any reason for the strict 6 mod limit? Mornings are when i specialize, so please consider my application.

pickle
HeroicDemiGod
HeroicDemiGod

Back to top Go down

Post  p0wnedqueen Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:26 pm

i personally really like the application. I think you should wait for dean and falcon to see this
p0wnedqueen
p0wnedqueen
HeroicDemiGod
HeroicDemiGod

Back to top Go down

Post  pickle Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:14 pm

Okay, thanks alot

pickle
HeroicDemiGod
HeroicDemiGod

Back to top Go down

Post  muoch10 Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:30 pm

WOW. I think this might be my favorite app so far, I'm not sure if we have room for another moderator at the moment but as admin I say you should become a moderator, you have never complaint about anything as far as I have seen, you seem to listen on the server. Good job!
muoch10
muoch10
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  pickle Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:34 pm

=D Thanks for the positive feedback. Oh and in my app the comment below it I said why just have 6 admins I didnt mean personal offense or anything was actually asking why is there only 6 spots, sorry for any misunderstanding.

pickle
HeroicDemiGod
HeroicDemiGod

Back to top Go down

Post  zonu15 Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:24 pm

I like it. This is one of the best applications I have seen, so you have my support. : )
zonu15
zonu15
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  deansk89 Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:29 pm

As I see so far you have the support of 2 moderators and 1 admin.
I thought the application was very unique and is deffiantly one I support.
As you should have noticed by now applications are only a little part of the
Long process in becoming a mod.
To answer your 6 mod limit this was thought of by me and faclcon
At a time when we have 7 players ob with 5 mods.
Now that are lag is at a minimum I will say we will raise the mod limit.
I see you on alot but latley you havnt talked much, you don't whine
Or anything. Something I do enjoy is you killing everyone in tournys
While they think you hacking. Something that came up in my head is that
You only mentioned speedhackers. Or forcefield/PVP hacks.
Thanks to our host forcefield hacks are taken care of.
So, app was good but how do I know that those two hackers,
Arnt hackers and are just inoccent little boys?
How will you know, how will I know?
Well that's when being a good or bad moderator comes into play.
Are you gonna rage and ban them. Or are you gonna watch them for a while.
Maybe put up alittle test runs?
That should be a answer you should reply on.

Next, talk to mod/mods and give me each of their
Commads and what they do.
And tell me the process of becoming a hacker.
deansk89
deansk89
HeroicDemiGod
HeroicDemiGod

http://PlagueCraft.tk

Back to top Go down

Post  pickle Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:46 pm

Well as to answer your first question, I have done exactly that all day today, and have confirmed my fears. I have battled the same speed hacker again who without even making the sprint dust stuff come out of his feet caught up to me while i was sprint jumping in less than 2 seconds. I have told moderators and allowed them to watch them, but I currently could not. I realize that i was accusing fairly quickly, and i should investigate more before accusing. This said, I would never ban someone off of an immediate, unsure guess, but would follow them using the command /vanish. Also, to answer your 2nd question, /god = invulnerability, /vanish as i listed before = exact same as old /poof but now can pick up items while using it, and /tp, which has an affect that is pretty obvious by its name. It teleports you Very Happy . The process of becoming a hacker is not just the fact that you maintain the ability to hack. It starts out as giving in to the dark side and downloading or creating a hack, which in terms of definition is something that can give you a leading edge over others in any way possible that is not given in the game itself. Once a hack has been downloaded, one is still not a hacker. It is the use of these hacks that finally turns one into a hacker. And while not sure what you mean by test runs, im assuming you have something in mind, so ill just wait. Thank you all for the consideration.

pickle
HeroicDemiGod
HeroicDemiGod

Back to top Go down

Post  deansk89 Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:00 pm

Ok, Thanks for answering my questions.
One more for you promise this is the last one XD
What is the process of catching a hacker include commands and include a Pvp/speed hacker, and a Xrayer
deansk89
deansk89
HeroicDemiGod
HeroicDemiGod

Back to top Go down

Post  pickle Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:12 pm

Well, to start with a speed hacker, i would first have to be told by someone who was accusing him or start to think so myself. Then, i would type /vanish and follow him around, /tping to him if he teleported away. I would watch him for up to 30 minutes. If i saw no more signs i would stop watching him, but check up on him for the rest of the week. If i did catch him or her, I would converse with another mod/admin and let them see for themselves. Then, We would most likely give the person a warning, maybe going straight to a ban if he committed the offense enough. If it was an xrayer, I would start by teleporting while vanished to anyone who finds diamonds. I would follow them for a while while looking at their mining habits to see if said player was xraying. I would probably allow them to find 3 diamonds before conversing with another mod or admin. Then, giving him or her enough time to confirm my suspicions, we would give them a warning or ban them, depending on their crime record. I promise that I would never walk into a situation like this solo, and if there were no available mods I would postpone the confrontation until further notice. Please, don't feel bad about these questions and ask more if you would like, i completely understand the risk of making a player into someone powerful enough to shape the server, and I would probably be doing exactly what you are right now.

pickle
HeroicDemiGod
HeroicDemiGod

Back to top Go down

Post  deansk89 Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:28 pm

Well With all the help, and the confirmation of our mods and Admin
You are now a trial mod, you have all the commands, but you need to message me about who will ban or banned.
If they refuse to stop X-Raying, Speed hacking /tempban them 1s (second) 1m (minute) 1h(hour) 1d(day) 1w(week) 1mo(month) 1yr or 1y(year

Thank you For the application congratulations XD
deansk89
deansk89
HeroicDemiGod
HeroicDemiGod

Back to top Go down

Post  p0wnedqueen Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:43 pm

YAY!!!!!
p0wnedqueen
p0wnedqueen