Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Donate
Donate

Multi Home

+5
muoch10
p0wnedqueen
Orange_Dot
Falcon1024
OldManStarcraft
9 posters

Go down

Multi Home Empty Multi Home

Post  OldManStarcraft Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:36 pm

I have been talking to a few of the players online and we have been wondering. Can we have multi /homes?

(for example)
/sethome1
/sethome2
/sethome3
/home1
/home2
/home3

It could make a few things more complicated but at the same time push this server farther than any other i have seen!
big clans can become a contry of citys or bases or even regular lonly new players can have back up bases so they dont rage quit every time or so on there can be hundreds of possibilitys please think of what i have said.
OldManStarcraft
OldManStarcraft
GOD-LIKE
GOD-LIKE

Back to top Go down

Multi Home Empty Re: Multi Home

Post  Falcon1024 Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:50 am

I would like this as well except that it would be to easy to exploit. If I could set home in an enemies base it would be devastating if they tried to stop a raid
Falcon1024
Falcon1024
HeroicDemiGod
HeroicDemiGod

Back to top Go down

Post  Orange_Dot Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:30 am

Falcon1024 wrote:I would like this as well except that it would be to easy to exploit. If I could set home in an enemies base it would be devastating if they tried to stop a raid

We could have more ranks like the "Elite" and "Reg" Again, Prooving trust in players, so perhaps Reg would get 1 sethome, Elite 2 sethome, Super Elite 3 Sethome Etc.
Orange_Dot
Orange_Dot
HeroicDemiGod
HeroicDemiGod

http://plaguecraft.tk

Back to top Go down

Post  OldManStarcraft Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:18 pm

Orange_Dot wrote:
Falcon1024 wrote:I would like this as well except that it would be to easy to exploit. If I could set home in an enemies base it would be devastating if they tried to stop a raid

We could have more ranks like the "Elite" and "Reg" Again, Prooving trust in players, so perhaps Reg would get 1 sethome, Elite 2 sethome, Super Elite 3 Sethome Etc.

Actuly that is brilent id donate asap and makes a good point what about it falcon
OldManStarcraft
OldManStarcraft
GOD-LIKE
GOD-LIKE

Back to top Go down

Post  p0wnedqueen Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:52 pm

i kind of think falcon is right though. In a server I used to play on, whenever i would make a house, or anything that took time to build, some one would just come to me, set a warp and wait for me to log out to completely destroy it.
p0wnedqueen
p0wnedqueen
HeroicDemiGod
HeroicDemiGod

Back to top Go down

Post  Orange_Dot Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:12 pm

Well actully looking at what I wrote before, instead of donating (donating might work thought) you could earn it. Perhaps if you won a tourney? or maybe a choice of prizes including 30 diiamonds OR 1-2 PUBLIC warps OR 1 extra sethome? Then you would be earning the right to get a sethome... therefore you COULD use it to raid someone...or instead you could have warps (therfore you couldnt change them) and dean would make the warps really long (like /warp 123125412941-24915-125012 etc) complicated codes.
Orange_Dot
Orange_Dot
HeroicDemiGod
HeroicDemiGod

http://plaguecraft.tk

Back to top Go down

Post  muoch10 Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:32 pm

No because the server should have the vanilla feel, /home doesn't change that feel but having multiple homes would make if feel to much like we have plugins. This server is aimed at vanilla anarchy for the most part.
muoch10
muoch10
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  pickle Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:38 pm

I feel that this could go both ways. If we plan to stay on sevrercraft for a large period of time then I am all for it, but it would suck to lose the data on like 5 homes during a server change, one is already too much. Maybe 2 /homes?

pickle
HeroicDemiGod
HeroicDemiGod

Back to top Go down

Post  p0wnedqueen Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:51 pm

If you win a tourney then you actually do get 30 diamonds as well as a warp the only you have access to. If you want to set it though, you need to ask dean to change it, so it is not a warp that you can always change
p0wnedqueen
p0wnedqueen
HeroicDemiGod
HeroicDemiGod

Back to top Go down

Post  cy294 Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:43 pm

I like the idea of multi homes but then again, as Falcon said, people will probably exploit the ability to set multiple homes. Neutral
cy294
cy294
HeroicDemiGod
HeroicDemiGod

Back to top Go down

Post  vahirdek Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:04 pm

I know this is somewhat of an old post, but I've been thinking about it the past few days. On my old server we were able to all have our own home point just like on this one, at the same time we were able to set another home point to another players name. Example: /set home [players name]. Then that player would have the option of accepting the players request or not. He could also remove a player at anytime.

This helped a lot for people in clans or for people who have 2 accounts (like me). The clan leader would have the clan base as his home point while allowing other members to have houses of there own all over the map. When ever the clans base was under attack, or a meeting was called for, they would all /home [players name].

With the new borders coming into affect when the new map is made, it might not be as needed as I first thought. Just a thought, I'm happy no matter what. I'm looking forward to not having to run my second accounts toon 10k+ to my old base Wink
vahirdek
vahirdek
DemiGod
DemiGod

Back to top Go down

Post  OldManStarcraft Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:33 pm

Vahirdek wrote:I know this is somewhat of an old post, but I've been thinking about it the past few days. On my old server we were able to all have our own home point just like on this one, at the same time we were able to set another home point to another players name. Example: /set home [players name]. Then that player would have the option of accepting the players request or not. He could also remove a player at anytime.

This helped a lot for people in clans or for people who have 2 accounts (like me). The clan leader would have the clan base as his home point while allowing other members to have houses of there own all over the map. When ever the clans base was under attack, or a meeting was called for, they would all /home [players name].

With the new borders coming into affect when the new map is made, it might not be as needed as I first thought. Just a thought, I'm happy no matter what. I'm looking forward to not having to run my second accounts toon 10k+ to my old base Wink

We may have got off on the wrong foot on oranges mod app but i will have to say im glad you thought about this and made a good point but i dont know 10K may be small but its also some what large lol
OldManStarcraft
OldManStarcraft
GOD-LIKE
GOD-LIKE

Back to top Go down

Multi Home Empty =D

Post  kayleena Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:03 am

That would be awesome I would only have say 2 houses per player other wise People could have to many bases & it would make it harder for clans to raid other clans not knowing if they raided the right base im not even in a clan but still =)
kayleena
kayleena
DemiGod
DemiGod

Back to top Go down

Post  OldManStarcraft Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:36 am

kayleena wrote:That would be awesome I would only have say 2 houses per player other wise People could have to many bases & it would make it harder for clans to raid other clans not knowing if they raided the right base im not even in a clan but still =)

Kayleena but what you dont under stand is that the Family owns MANY bases lol we once had 20 bases on this server lol dont think it will work as well now that we have bourders or we will have boarders lol
OldManStarcraft
OldManStarcraft
GOD-LIKE
GOD-LIKE

Back to top Go down

Multi Home Empty XD

Post  kayleena Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:42 am

OldManStarcraft wrote:
kayleena wrote:That would be awesome I would only have say 2 houses per player other wise People could have to many bases & it would make it harder for clans to raid other clans not knowing if they raided the right base im not even in a clan but still =)

Kayleena but what you dont under stand is that the Family owns MANY bases lol we once had 20 bases on this server lol dont think it will work as well now that we have bourders or we will have boarders lol
ok ... i cant reply to your post i get shivers from your picture lol but your cool on minecraft =D
kayleena
kayleena
DemiGod
DemiGod

Back to top Go down

Post  vahirdek Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:55 am

lmao, I agree. The borders are going to be an issue at first, I see lots of late night raiding. Gone will be the days of feeling safe.

As I'm sure a lot of you have heard me mention in the past, the first time I zoned into this server I ran out into the open and turned left and started to run. 4-5 hours later I was 10k away from spawn. After finding food, building boats to cross seas, and digging down just before nightfall all the while setting new home points as I went, I found my base. A small Island, but just big enough to call home. I'm sure in time we'll be able to widen the borders some, even though I'm not too sure how it all works. I am at it's best, just a player, and somewhat new to the game at that.

But like I said at the start, 5k border is going to truly make this a PVP server. I can't wait to see how some of you older clans are going to get threw it ...muhahahha.

Oh and Oldman, We good, wrong foot and all, blah, blah Wink
vahirdek
vahirdek
DemiGod
DemiGod

Back to top Go down

Post  OldManStarcraft Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:30 am

Vahirdek wrote:5k border

OK! um i did not hear about it becomes a 5k border lol um thats an issue even for my future plans lol so um id like to know if your making a joke or if their will really be a 5k border at start lol
OldManStarcraft
OldManStarcraft
GOD-LIKE
GOD-LIKE

Back to top Go down

Post  vahirdek Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:29 am

Just going by what Dean told me...I might have read wrong, but I think thats what I got outa it.
vahirdek
vahirdek
DemiGod
DemiGod

Back to top Go down

Post  pickle Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:16 am

Its 10k borders.

pickle
HeroicDemiGod
HeroicDemiGod

Back to top Go down